How To Troubleshoot Logic Board Issues On Macbook?
A motherboard of MacBook is spoken in a more nuanced term, a logic board. Functionally similar to the former, the logic board provides the central connection to every peripheral and internal device of a Macbook. That being said, when this particular Apple product goes through some hardware related malfunctions, it becomes a user’s responsibility apply some sort of diagnosis to the central connection board.
Macbook Support Australia Presents To You Simple Diagnostics You Can Apply To Deal With This Issue
Luckily enough, Apple MacBook always ships with an in-house diagnostic suite called Apple hardware test. This particular tool allows you to troubleshoot a variety of issues pertaining to the laptop. The fortunate thing is, as the utility began shipping in the year 2000, its functionalities have upgraded with each passing year. To that end, it has been made real easy to use.
Let Fix The Logic Board Issue Using This Tool
- Step 1: Insert the Apple hardware test disk in the drive. The utility is readily available along with the installation disks of the operating system. The earlier edition of the OS had the diagnostic tool installed into the first disk. Nowadays, they come installed into the second disk. A point to not is, because of the nature of the utility, it is not available to download from the official apple site. Mostly it is available in the professional site of Github, but it is a bit niche therefore, you should only consider the optical disk.
- Step 2: Restart the system: Once you have inserted the optical disk containing the utility, you have to restart the system alongside this utility in order to initialize the diagnostic process. To make sure that your MacBook loads up alongside the utility, press and hold the key “D”.
- Step 3: Once the setup is finally initiated, select the language and click on the “next” arrow.
- Step 4: This step entails the most basic tests. Once you encounter the interface of the diagnostic tool, press “T” key to run those tests. These tests would run for about 10 minutes. If you encounter no errors in this test, proceed to the next diagnostic.
- Step 5: Performing extended testing. Consider this testing akin to a full scan, while the last scan was a quick scan. To do this, click on the checkbox next to “Perform extended testing”, and then click on the test button. Extended tests might take several minutes depending upon the damage.
This tool won’t merely tell you about the malfunctions with the component, but also would look for simple troubleshoots for the software issues (if any). Else, it would only make you aware of the issues. If the issue is a lot direr, you can dial Macbook Support Number 1-800-958-214. As a not so niche machine in Australia, you would have access to a lot of technicians. If the troubleshoots do not pan out still, then replacement is your only option.
Scope of Support for macbook
- How To Fix Apple Macbook That Won’t Turn On?
- How To Fix Apple Macbook That Won’t Shut Down?
- How To Fix Apple Macbook Startup Problems?
- How To Fix A Broken Bluetooth Mouse Issue In Your Macbook ?
- How To Troubleshoot A Software Issue In Apple Macbook?
- How To Recover Apple Macbook Laptop Password?
- How To Change Apple Id On Macbook Laptop?