How To Reformat My Apple Macbook?
Apple Macbook is an epitome of a robust software infrastructure, but that in no ways means that it can’t be marred with certain intense malfunctions. When these intense malfunctions occur, the only choice you have to is to go for that old reformatting technique. This methodology, no matter how lossy it is, can re vitalize your system with ease. But fret not, back up is your ally.
Macbook Support Australia Advises Reformatting To The Final Option
Look, we can understand if the only option you’ve left is restoring your Macbook, but before you go through the process, you must exhaust all of your other options. Once you are done with them, then only you must think about this final choice, because unless you have backed up your data, you can just as well say good bye to them. To that end, Apple Macbook Support Australia advises to safely secure your data before you initiate the reformatting process.
Steps To Reformat Your Device
- Create Back Up: In light of the upcoming format, you should first back up your data onto an external hard drive. This drive would not only entail audio or video files, but also applications that would have to be reinstalled after the restorations are complete
- Insert The Mac Operating System CD:Once you have created and maintained optimal backups, insert the Mac OSX CD into the optical drive. Now, press on the “Apple icon” on the top right of the screen and click on “restart” to restart the device
- Open The Utilities: Once the restart process has begun, you must be swift and brace yourself to access utilities. To do this, press and hold the ‘C’ key simultaneously with the start up sound. This would result in the appearance of the installer screen. Now, select “Installer -> open -> and then “Disk utilities”.
- Erase The Data:While you are at the Disk utilities, you would encounter a multitude of options; one of these options is the “erase” tab select this tab and then select the drive you want to reformat from the “volume format” drop up menu. In case you want to format the OS drive, you can select the volume which harbors the operating system.
- Begin Reformatting:Now that you have selected the volume and the formatting strategy, all that’s left is reformatting. To do this, select and click the “options” and tick mark the “zero all data” checkbox. Then, click on “OK” to confirm and -> “Erase” to proceed. Depending upon the size of the drive, the formatting process could take a few to several hours.
As already said, be completely sure that you need to reformat your drive, once the reformatting is done, you can reinstall the applications and restore the requisite data. If the situation is a bit more urgent, Contact Macbook Support based in Australia for further solutions to this issue.
Scope of Support for macbook
- How To Fix Apple Macbook That Won’t Turn On?
- How To Fix Apple Macbook That Won’t Shut Down?
- How To Fix Apple Macbook Startup Problems?
- How To Fix A Broken Bluetooth Mouse Issue In Your Macbook ?
- How To Troubleshoot A Software Issue In Apple Macbook?
- How To Recover Apple Macbook Laptop Password?
- How To Change Apple Id On Macbook Laptop?